Dr. Ali Al Fazari is Consultant Gastroenterologist & Hepatologist. He is an American and Canadian Board-Certified physician. He completed his internal medicine residency at the Queen Elizabeth II Hospitals in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada and subsequently pursued his Gastroenterology training at the Civic and Ottawa General Hospitals in the Canadian Capital City, Ottawa, in addition to the Western General Hospital in Toronto, Ontario. Dr. Ali is a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and the American College of Physicians. His academic work and clinical experience are vast. Dr. Ali is an active academic physician with a passion to teach gastroenterology to students and junior doctors. He has organized many gastroenterology meetings and he is the founding and current President of the Emirates Digestive Diseases International Conference which is held in the UAE every 2 years. He has published in numerous peer reviewed journals. His clinical research interests range from inflammatory bowel diseases, obesity, hepatitis to gastrointestinal cancer.
1. Diagnosis and Management of acute and chronic gastrointestinal conditions.
2. Diagnosis and Management of gastroesophageal reflux, peptic ulcer, nausea, vomiting and changes in bowel habits.
3. Management of gastrointestinal bleeding.
4. Diagnosis and Management of hepatitis and its complications.
5. Diagnosis and Management of Inflammatory bowel diseases (Crohn's disease and Ulcerative Colitis).
6. Gastrointestinal Functional Studies including manometry and pH studies.
7. Advanced diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy.
8. Endoscopic management of Gastroesophageal reflux (Stretta Procedure).
9. Intra-Gastric Balloon systems for weight management (Obalon).
MyMedicNow is an innovative online platform to help patients search for medical conditions, and find related local healthcare providers, quickly and efficiently across the Middle East and North Africa region.